If you have an LCD that is hard to see the lettering or dim, this is the procedure for adjusting the contrast.
- Turn the key on without starting the engine.
- Once the cluster is done with the self test, set the parking brake.
- Hold down the "Mode" button for 20 seconds.
- Release the "Mode" button. ( Once the "Mode" button is released, leaving the selection highlighted for 3 seconds will select that highlighted object and move to the next screen. )
- Once in the menu, press the "Trip" or "Mode" button to move up or down in the menu.
- Select "Contrast Adjustment".
- In the "Contrast Adjustment" screen, use the mode and trip buttons to adjust the contrast up or down until the display shows the lettering clearly.
- Once you have the adjustment where you like it, just wait until it goes back to the menu and turn the ignition to the off position.