Skip to main content
RVA Jack Reseal Kit Installation
- One end of the wire has a 90 degree bend. This inserts into the retaining ring, allowing it to push and pull the wire into and out of the cavity.
- You can use a 3" spanner wrench with an 1/8" pin, to turn the retaining ring in order to push the wire out of the cavity.
- Be sure when turning the retaining ring that you do not lift out the end that has the 90 degree bend, If you do the wire will not be pushed out when turning the retaining ring.
- Before installation of the seal kit, make sure to inspect the inner walls of the cylinder for damage. If damage is noted. Replace the jack cylinder.
- Some of the older backup rings are made of leather, the new ones are not, however they are installed in the same position.
- When installing the new seals, dip them in Dexron ATF before installing them. Use caution not to damage the new seal with anything sharp when installing it.
- Once the new seals are installed, just complete the process shown above in reverse.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Please sign in to leave a comment.