If you have a warning light that is not working properly, this is the procedure for testing the cluster warning light operation. This procedure will allow you to find out if the issue is with the instrument cluster or not.
- Turn the key on without starting the engine.
- Once the cluster is done with the self test, set the parking brake.
- Hold down the "Mode" button for 20 seconds.
- Release the "Mode" button. ( Once the "Mode" button is released, leaving the selection highlighted for 3 seconds will select that highlighted object and move to the next screen. )
- Once in the menu, press the "Trip" or "Mode" button to move up or down in the menu.
- Select "Cluster Diagnostics".
- In the "Cluster Diagnostics" menu, scroll in the menu until you highlight "Warning light test".
- In the "Warning light test" it will activate the warning lights one at a time from the left over to the right.
- It will tell you on the screen what light it is testing and what that light should be doing. For example you will have the screen say Left Turn - On or Off.
- If all the lights follow what the screen states they should be doing, then instrument cluster is functioning properly.